kontrast:   czcionka: A A+ Muzeum bez barier
PL  EN

Join us on:



Muzeum


See also

exhibitions & events:




Drukuj

Inventory



Archeology Department

Archeology Department

The tradition of collecting archeological items in Bydgoszcz dates back to 1880’s and is linked to the establishment of the Historical Society. Atthat time the objects gathered included fossils, animal bones, and, mainly, a wide assortment of artifacts related to the ancient times of the history of man.


Ethnography Department

Ethnography Department

Ethnography Department of the Leon Wyczółkowski District Museum in Bydgoszcz was established in 1986. While creating its collection it was assumed that it should provide the broadest possible group of items presenting the most significant fields of traditional folk culture of the regions of Pałuki, Kuyavia, Kociewie, Tuchola Forests, Krajna and Kashubia, as well as document contemporary folk and naive art.


Graphics Department

Graphics Department

The collections of the Graphics Department consist of over 14 thousand exhibits grouped in several separate collections, such as the collection of the past and contemporary Polish graphics, foreign graphics, exlibres and utilitarian graphics, a collection of drawings and monotypes, as well as a collection of matrixes.


History Department

History Department

The collections of the History Department are interdisciplinary. The artefacts related to the iconography of Bydgoszcz and the area around it make up its most significant group. The department is divided into works of art and photographs. The former include paintings in oils, watercolours and graphics.


Leon Wyczółkowski Department

Leon Wyczółkowski Department

The beginnings of the Bydgoszcz collection of Leon Wyczółkowski’s works are related with purchasing by the artist a manor house in Gościeradz in 1922. In exchange for handing over a rich collection of Eastern art to the Great Poland Museum in Poznań, he received an amount sufficient to buy the manor together with its picturesque garden.


Music Department

Music Department

Music Department is one of the youngest, and thus only shortly active department of the Leon Wyczółkowski District Museum. The basis of the collections is constituted by phonographic items from Adam Mańczak’s Phonographic Collection, that since 2005 have been systematically included in the museum resources through purchases and donations made by this collector from Bydgoszcz.


Numismatics Department

Numismatics Department

15 May 2010 was the date of official opening of the European Centre of Money operating within the Leon Wyczółkowski District Museum in Bydgoszcz. Its establishment was possible thanks to the implementation of a comprehensive revitalisation programme of the Mill Island in the years 2007 – 2009.


Art Department

Art Department

The collection of Art Department includes: old Polish paintings, contemporary Polish paintings, old and contemporary foreign art, Sculpture, object and installation, small relief, artistic photography and design.


Library

Library

 

The Museum Library has existed since 1925. It gathers publications related to all the fields of research represented in the Museum. The library collection has been created based on the products of European culture, mainly Polish, with particular emphasis on old prints dealing with the history and culture of the region of Bydgoszcz. The collecting profile of the Museum library has been determined by the specialist character of its book collection. 






Designed: Jimpenny / Programmed: FreshData