Exploseum is open to visitors on the following days and hours:
- the period from 01/12/2020 to 28/02/2021
Exploseum - not available to visitors
- the period from 02/03/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 9.00 a.m. - 3.00 p.m.
Last admission to the core exhibition at Exploseum is possible 1 hour before closing. Due to the fact that visiting the entire route in the Exploseum (permanent exhibition) takes 2 hours, entering the route 1 hour before its closing allows you to visit only a part of the exhibition. After the expiry of the above-mentioned admission tickets will not be sold.
On Mondays and certain public holidays: January 1 - New Year's Day, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, Corpus Christi, November 1 - All Saints' Day, Christmas Eve and December 25 - Christmas, the Museum is closed to visitors.
On the premises of the Museum, visitors comply with the sanitary regime by implementing the following rules and guidelines:
- people may move at the same time while maintaining a distance, i.e. a distance of not less than 1.5 m from each other, unless keeping this distance is impossible due to the care of a child under 13 or a disabled person,
- the obligation to cover the mouth and nose with clothing / its parts or a mask, both in exhibition halls and communication routes to the public, applies to all visitors, excluding children under 4 years of age and people who cannot cover their mouth or nose due to health condition
- it is recommended to wear disposable gloves. Gloves are issued by the staff at disinfection points before entering the sightseeing zone,
- in order to visit, please call the reception intercom,
- obligation to disinfect hands with disinfectants provided by the Museum before entering the ticket office area, and then in the visiting zone (staff are responsible for complying with the obligation to disinfect hands) and after leaving the toilets; disinfection also applies to gloves that the visitor is wearing when entering the Museum facility,
- hands are disinfected in accordance with the indicated instructions,
- there is an absolute ban on the use of multimedia and other touch-activated devices, e.g. touch screens, located in the entrance zones and exhibitions,
- the visitor receives an access card that opens the door, which, after the end of the tour, is thrown into a plastic container, the cards are disinfected and handed over to the reception desk for reissue
- cashless payment is preferred,
- in shops it is possible to buy publications and advertising gadgets. It is not possible to view them before making a purchase,
- tours in a group are possible up to max. 20 people (in compliance with sanitary procedures), only after prior telephone registration. Groups of more than 20 people may be split and guided separately, as long as a certain number of guides are available on a given day.
- guided tours are organized only once a day.
The following restrictions are introduced on the number of people (except for the Museum staff providing visitor services) who can stay at the same time, with a distance, in the ticket office area and the visiting zone in individual facilities. Children and disabled people who require care may enter the facility only if accompanied by a guardian. Then the guardian and the person under his / her care will be treated as 1 person.
- up to 80 people on the premises at the same time
- temporary exhibitions room - up to 20 people in the room at the same time
Visitors to the Museum are prohibited from:
- touching all exhibits, showcases and display equipment,
- stay on the premises of the Museum while drunk or under the influence of intoxicants
- bring animals (except guide dogs for visually impaired people)
- consuming food and drinks
- entering service premises.
Price list for admission to the core exhibition at Exploseum:
regular admission ticket - PLN 15
reduced admission ticket - PLN 12
family admission ticket - PLN 40 (max. 5 people, including max. 2 adults)
guided tours (only possible upon prior telephone reservation):
in Polish - PLN 7 / person
in English - PLN 10 / person
event admission ticket - PLN 3
special admission ticket - PLN 1
On Thursdays - free admission to the permanent exhibition
Price list for admission to temporary exhibitions at the Exploseum
regular admission ticket - PLN 8
reduced admission ticket - PLN 5
in Polish - PLN 30 / group
in English - PLN 50 / group
special admission ticket - PLN 1
A special ticket is available to:
- natural persons awarded with the "For the care of monuments" badge, the "Zasłużony Działacz Kultury" award, "Zasłużony dla Kultury Polskiej" or "Zasłużony dla Kultury Narodowej" honorary badge
- members of: the Association of Polish Museologists, the Association of Engineering Art Museums, the Association of Art Historians, the Association of Open Air Museums in Poland, the Association of University Museums, the Polish Association of Museum Inventors, the Association of Museums and Church Treasury Ars Sacra, the Association of the International Print Triennial in Krakow, the Association of Monument Conservators , The Polish Folklore Society, the Association of Folk Artists, the Scientific Association of Polish Archaeologists, the Association of Polish Art Photographers and the Association of Polish Artists and Designers; Society of Friends of the Museum in Bydgoszcz, Society of Friends of the City of Bydgoszcz, Polish Numismatic Society, Bydgoszcz Branch Stanisław Niewitecki, the Museum Teacher's Club
- students studying history, culture and art, and students of art schools
- students of the Kazimierz Wielki University in the field of scientific information and library science
- students of the State Complex of Art Schools Leon Wyczółkowski in Bydgoszcz
- employees of the facilities belonging to the TeH2O route
- people with disabilities and their carers, provided that their degree of disability requires care
- qualified tourist guides
- councilor of the City of Bydgoszcz
- deputies and senators to the Polish Parliament and the European Parliament
Free admission to the Museum is available to:
- natural persons awarded with the Order of the White Eagle or the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland, the Medal for Merit to Culture Gloria Artis and the Order of War Virtuti Militari
- employees of museums entered in the State Register of Museums;
- members of the International Council of Museums (ICOM) or the International Council for the Protection of Monuments (ICOMOS);
- holders of the Pole's Card, referred to in the Act of 7 September 2007 on the Pole's Card (Journal of Laws of 2017,
The discount on the admission fee (reduced admission ticket) to the Museum is available to:
- school and student youth up to 26 years of age
- pensioners, people over 65 years of age
- employees of educational and cultural institutions.
Discounts for loyalty card holders, including:
- Bydgoska Karta Rodzinna 3 Plus - 50% discount on regular and concessionary tickets
- Big Family Card - 50% discount on all types of admission tickets
- Senior 60+ Card - 50% discount on tickets: normal and collective normal
- European Youth Card EURO 26 - 50% discount on a normal ticket.
Discounts and free admission are available upon presentation of a relevant document. Documents confirming the right to take advantage of the fee reduction or exemption from the admission fee include:
- school or student ID
- retiree or pensioner card
- service card of an employee of a museum or other cultural and educational institutions
- MP or senator ID card of the Polish Parliament
- membership card of the European Parliament
- ID of a qualified tourist guide
- ID documenting the disability or the degree of disability,
- membership card of privileged organizations and associations
- a card confirming the award of the order, medal or badge,
- proof of age
- Pole's card
- loyalty cards
Discounts contained in the Regulations cannot be combined.
If you have any questions, please contact the secretariat of the Museum: tel. 52 585 99 66.
District Museum for them. Leon Wyczółkowski is a Museum without barriers. We strive to meet the expectations and requirements of serving guests with disabilities who are welcome at our doorstep. Disabled persons and their guardians, provided the degree of disability requires care, are entitled to a special ticket for PLN 1.
The availability of buildings for people with disabilities and their adaptation to the needs of this social group is associated with the elimination of urban, architectural, technical, communication barriers and mental barriers, which is why we are gradually trying to adapt museum buildings so that they are friendly to all visitors.
People in wheelchairs who want to visit the Exploseum, please make an appointment with our staff in advance (tel. 883366056, email: exploseum [at] muzeum.bydgoszcz.pl). We approach each visitor individually. There are stair climbers in the Exploseum.
Exploseum belongs to the city's TeH2O Water, Industry and Crafts Route in Bydgoszcz and is the anchor point of the ERIH European Route of Industrial Heritage.